Friday, April 18, 2014

About me

About me
Chef Ladica Dupuy was born and raised in Panama and has been blessed with the gift of cooking and healthy eating for many years.Sshe has also been very successful in combining a method of cooking that reflects her country's history from the influences of the West Indies, Hispanic and French cuisine. This rich and delightful infusion has become the favorite of many.

My first memories are:  watching my aunt and grandmother prepared exotic foods for families and friends, including the governor of Panama. I can remember  when my aunt prepared a seafood soup that was out of this world, which is known as bouillabaisse.
 I didn't know what it was called at that time but it was so good I had a smile on my face from ear to ear.She looked at me and smiled. I was in the kitchen so much that my grandfather would take the dish towel and flag my behind so I will leave the kitchen.

As a high honor graduate from the Los Angeles Mission College for Culinary Arts in Sylmar California. Ladica also holds a ServSafe certification issued by the international food council. Successfully completed the RCFE program, and is a member of the IFSEA ( international food service association).  Has attended and participated in the Defense Support center Philadelphia/IFSEA Trade show for NAPA holders and IFSEA partners. Also holds certicates for beginning and advance baking at Clarice's Cakes.

Experience in the kitchen: Ladica has always loved the opportunity to cook for others. " I like the feeling I get when people really enjoy what I've prepared.
There's nothing like it! I have been cooking since I was a kid and there is really no end to what I can try with all the fresh and wholesome ingredients I have to choose from. As a Chef I have a passion for crating better than average  meals for my clients."
  
Ladica enjoys cooking all types of food, but her favorite style of cooking are those of the Caribbean, and Hispanic cuisine.  She also has the ability for vegetarian style cooking.  In addition, she loves to read and collect cookbooks and cooking magazines. She also enjoys collecting all types of Victorian teapots, cups and saucers, decorating gift boxes for special occasions, and she teaches nutrition and cooking classes.

Ladica has developed a catering business that showcases her remarkable talent and originality. She expresses that, " It's a pleasure to come up with the perfect theme for an event and to choose the right menu. That is the thrill of it all because I love it." In addition she's bilingual in Spanish and English. Ladica is a great asset to the Hispanic and English community when sharing her knowledge and love for cooking. Her next adventure is being a blogger, which title is:  Sixty + Catering to Diabetics." Come and enjoy the journey with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment