Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My testimony

God's Miracle and Faithfulness
By Ladica Dupuy

I can remember as a young child how I love to dance standing on my toes. My life in Panama was a carefree time, filled with a grandmother's love and vanilla ice cream.

But life changed at the age of six. My parents couldn't figure out why I wouldn't eat, but always so thirsty and tired. That year I was diagnosed with Diabetes Mellitus, now known as Juvenile Diabetes. Doctors in those days didn't know what to do or even how to explain the condition. So they decided to put me into the hospital for an entire year of my life. That year was followed by frequent hospital visits- to the point where my teachers had to come to the hospital to teach me. I couldn't play for fear the strenuous activities would raise my blood sugar and place me in a coma. I also remember the doctors telling my parents that I will not live to see the age of 18 or have any children. My teen years were just as difficult, and I often became depressed or angry when my sugar levels kept me from doing the things other kids could do.

Even though I didn't know Jesus at this time, He knew me and faithfully continued to show His love to me. Despite the prognosis, I've lived beyond  my teens and have a daughter, now 38 years old. My diabetes is more controlled than ever before and doctors can't explain why I have no mayor complication after 54 years with the condition.  Recently my endocrinologist looked at me and said, "you don't have any complications, and look so good. What are you doing? You are very lucky."

My response was, "I am blessed."

In October 1993, however, I faced a second battle when I was diagnose with breast cancer. Doctors called it infiltrating carcinoma, given me only three months to live - even falter the removal of the tumor. The following three weeks moved so rapidly that I didn't know whether I was coming or going.
The doctors explained that they would not do a mastectomy but a lumpectomy; after the operation I would not be able to lift or move my arm for several months and up to a year. By that time, I was crying out to God in anger, asking, "Why me?"

God answered me in a quiet voice, "I will take care of you." At that point all I could do was continue to cry- but deep inside me a peace was forming that I could not explain. The next week I was in in the hospital admitting room waiting to go in for the operation. My husband and I were holding hands and crying together when God gave us this scripture in Isaiah 43:1-3

But now, O Israel, The Lord who created you says: Don't be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name ; you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you.  When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am The Lord your God, the holy one of Israel your Savior. After reading these verses I was at peace.

The next morning , following the operation, the doctor said, " Ladica I want you to lift your hands up into the air." I said sure , and by God's grace, I was able to lift them way over my head. The doctor looked at me and said, "Your God did it."
By that time I was jumping for joy and shouting the name of Jesus. But the story does not end there. God is faithful. After the surgery I continued with follow- up radiation. For the next month I felt extremely weary. In addition I felt The Lord telling me not to take chemotherapy. Of course that cause a controversy, but I had to stand firm on what God told me, in this specific case. Now twenty years later, doctors still can't explain how I was healed. To God is the glory!!!!!


In reflecting back on the miracle that God did these are some of the things that help me in recovering my health: changing my diet, refocusing on life goodness, spending time in meditation, exercising, understanding my inner self, forgiven others and gaining inner peace; not taking everything for granted, and taking the time to smell the roses, but most importantly loving myself-that's a good thing. All this is part of the healing processes. Hallelujah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment